Frequently Asked Questions
1. WHAT INFORMATION IS NECESSARY TO OFTL FOR SHIPPING CARGO?
Mode of transport (Airfreight or Sea Freight), weight, package dimensions (L x W x H), commodity, origin and destination of shipment, consignee details
2. WHERE DOES OFTL SHIP FROM?
Currently OFTL ships worldwide from any port or destination country
3. WHERE DOES OFTL SHIP TO?
Currently OFTL ships worldwide from any port or destination country.
4. HOW ARE FREIGHT COSTS CALCULATED?
Freight costs are dependent on the mode of shipment (Airfreight / Ocean freight) and may vary between different origins and destinations. Freight costs are normally calculated by multiplying the freight rate by either the actual weight or the volume (volumetric weight) depending on whichever yield is greater. Ocean freight rates are usually quoted per weight or measure, W/M. (W being 1000kg and M being 1m3 (35.32 cubic feet). Or whichever yield is greater.
5. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN MY SHIPMENT ARRIVES?
OFTL will contact you via a pre-alert with the following information:
- ETD (Estimated Time of Delivery)
- ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival)
- Arrival Notice
6. HOW DO I RECEIVE MY SHIPMENT?
OFTL provides brokerage services.